Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: For those who care the band Creed has broken up

  1. #31
    Inactive Member chaserfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    12,399
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remember all those, and can tell you for a fact, especially with Black Lab, they sound nothing like Nickleback

  2. #32
    Inactive Member Slytherin Snape's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2004
    Posts
    3,650
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by INMOBSATLRAONMCOE:
    Don't get me wrong, I like Nickelback to an extent, but even from their debut I thought they sounded just like 5 other bands that came out about the same time. Out of those, though, their the only ones that made it. Anyone remember Monster Magnet, Black Lab, or Days of the New?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love Days of the New and still play the sh!t out of their first CD in particular. The band Tantric, which is basically Days of the New with a new singer, also rocks if you're into heavy acoustic-rock based bands.

  3. #33
    HB Forum Owner Biomechanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2001
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was about to ask if this was a Creed thread or a GNR thread. Creed was a solid band. I don't get why so many people hate them. They weren't the most original band, but they sure as hell weren't cookie cutter. Take a look at Nickelback and Puddle of Mudd for examples of that. Creed had a rich rock sound, it doesn't matter what you think of their principles, you can't argue with their talent. I hope the rest of them do well without Stapp. There was some innovative guitar work there to say the least. Who knows, it may not be long 'till we see Scott and Axl doing duets down washout lane. Meanwhile the remnants of Creed and Velvet Revolver are touring stadiums.

    GD, all I gotta say is "Hello Me it's Me again..."

    WTF? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Shypappette's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2004
    Posts
    2,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey, when did Nickleback get involved in all this. They're not cookie cutter. They just put out a shitty second album, that's all. [img]tongue.gif[/img] They brought back a sound that hadn't been used in a while, and made it popular again. It's not cookie cutter, it's remaking the mold!

    Oh ya, and I liked Creed, but Scott sucked live. At least he did on every live award show or much music concert I saw of them.

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ June 06, 2004 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Shypappette ]</font>

  5. #35
    HB Forum Owner Biomechanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2001
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    DOTN and Tantric are both great. I keep posting and haven't figured out how to get to the essence of what I mean... Nickelback has talent, a degree of originality, and are a good rock band, as was Creed. My opinion, however, is that in the last 10 years or so, there have only been a handful of bands that really stand out from the crowd. Creed may have been one of them, but Nickelback really didn't grab me. No offense to any fans, but they just seemed to exhibit the more pop-y side of rock, almost manufactured.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...here's the thing...Nickelback is relatively mainstream, and therefore, I should ignore them...but, they actually do play a more earnest form of rock than most maintstream band...but here is the real deal-maker:

    Have you seen Chad Kroeger? That boy is so ugly, he looks like he climbed to the top of the ugly tree, fell out, and hit every branch on the way down. And then, all of the branches he broke fell on top of him. I mean, the boys is fugly ugly. But he has a great voice.

    ...and really, children, isn't that what rock and roll is really all about...?

    [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Oh, yeah...

    <font size="9">Creed blows! Good riddance god-boy!</font>

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ June 07, 2004 11:52 AM: Message edited by: -Dark Angel- ]</font>

  7. #37
    Inactive Member chaserfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    12,399
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lol, he might be ugly, but puts on one hell of a good ol fashion rock show!

  8. #38
    Inactive Member shypappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2004
    Posts
    3,666
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Slytherin Snape:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by INMOBSATLRAONMCOE:
    Don't get me wrong, I like Nickelback to an extent, but even from their debut I thought they sounded just like 5 other bands that came out about the same time. Out of those, though, their the only ones that made it. Anyone remember Monster Magnet, Black Lab, or Days of the New?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love Days of the New and still play the sh!t out of their first CD in particular. The band Tantric, which is basically Days of the New with a new singer, also rocks if you're into heavy acoustic-rock based bands.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Days, and Tantric are two of my absolute favorites, along with the Tea Party!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    Did you know that Travis Meeks from Days of the New tried out for the singing position in Velvet Revolver? That would have been interesting.

    As for Creed....Meh! They weren't bad, but I don't find myself caring too much about the breakup!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •